Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mavericks update vs Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Well it looks like we have a new OSX.  And Apple has left the "big cat" naming convention behind...  Ironically I just gave them $20 for the last Mountain Lion version 10.8.5.  I slurped the Cool-aid last week and joined the Adode family with the Creative Cloud solution.  I'm a little ticked that the sales person said "sure, you can run CC in 10.6.8"  and you can - as long as you don't work in the video or audio business...  So off to the app store I went and upgrade I did.  And, everything was going swimmingly until about an hour ago when I restarted and was met with a big grey screen on all my monitors.  The lovely shade of grey (just one) seem to permanently stick there forever.  
  • I gave it a few minutes and then powered off.  
  • Restart. 
  • Restart....
  • Shutdown....
  • Restart with P+R+command+option - no luck.  
  • Now Restart with command+R and go for a recovery...
I'm now in the last 20 minutes of reloading a whole new OS from the recovery options.  I'm hopeful...  If no joy I have a full back up I did last week and won't really loose anything important.  I'll just have to bump back down to 10.6.8 and then find a copy of 10.8.4 or jump to Mavericks...

So I'm open to thoughts and suggestions here.  I'm running most of the usual suspects from Adobe: Ps, Pr, Ae, Au, Ame.  I have been told by someone who was using the developers version of Mavericks that it's awesome with CC. I have also had the last hour to read on blogs that people are having problems with their CS6 and Mavericks.  So I don't know if I want to make the leap just yet...

I did have the Adobe Applications Manager auto update this morning on the CPU in question... so maybe that has something to do with it???

Anyway.  Just thought I would put this up as I have a little time to kill (5 minutes remaining)

Hope you all are doing well out there and having a great day.

Until next time - Good Shooting (and editing or at least computing)

TDTrey

No comments:

Post a Comment