Monday, April 9, 2012

Which Camera(s) cont'd - Sony FS700

Well, looks like Sony has gone and done it again.... The FS700 is the new camera to beat. I thought I would wait until the dust settled to put my two cents in. I've got nothing to report that hasn't already been written -- Other than WOW!!! wait... I read that somewhere too...

This seems like what the C300 should have been, what the Scarlet X might have been and what we were hoping the 5Dmk3 would have been. And it's a Sony =)

I was very intrigued with the FS100 but not completely sold. And have been looking for a way to use my Canon EF glass to make the package a done deal. I found the Metabones adapter for the lensing and the battery support for running all my monitoring but was not just there yet... Then I was hipped to the FS700 last Monday and everything changed.

Looks like the new camera route might be to get the FS 700 ASAP. Shoot the 5Dmk2 for as long as I can. Rent the Mark III when needed. Adapte the 5D cage to the 700 for maximum use. If I still get requests for the 5D a lot upgrade later and replace the mark II....

Exciting times my friends... exciting times indeed!!!!

Good FS700 resources:

Andy and AbleCine - Video Overview

Den Lennie

Frank Glencairn



Well that's it for now. Until next time, good shooting.

TDTrey.com

1 comment: