Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lovin' Premiere Pro 5.5

Well we are coming up on a year since Apple decided to improve Final Cut Pro for us... And while there are several sites and sources dedicated to the training needed to learn FCP X, it is still lacking in many of the features that we use every day as editors.

Like many video professional last summer, I decided to give Premiere Pro (PPro) a try. I figured that if I was going to have learn a new NLE anyway I might as well make it one that is going to be around for a while. Plus Adobe was giving us that really great deal if we were switching from FCP. Who could pass that up?

So just a couple quick notes on my progress.
  • I like using the FCP keyboard shortcuts. I feel right at home. I hope that they will bring even more of the shortcuts over as the app improves.
  • Bringing in all of my footage with out transcoding is awesome.
  • Knowing I'm using all the horse power under the hood is also great.
  • Dynamic Linking is real handy for moving from app to app in the suite.
These features along with many of the improvements that are coming down the line are going to make PPro an editing force to be reckoned with.
That's just a quick look at Premiere Pro 5.5 from my perspective =)

Until next time, good shooting.

TDTrey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment